Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Last weekend


Last weekend, I went to my grandfather’s house in Kuantan.  They live in a small fishing village near the sea.

I was very interested observing the daily routine of the fishermen in the village.  One day, I woke up early in the morning and went to the beach.  A soft breeze was blowing and the coconut trees swayed gently.  It makes me enjoy the beautiful view.

I saw many fishermen getting into their boats.  They were preparing to go out to the sea.  They were also carrying a big fishing net along with them.  As the fishermen were rowing their boats, they dropped their net into the sea.  They waited patiently for the fish.

Soon as dark approached, I saw the fishermen returning to the beach.  They were pulling the net while rowing back to the beach.  When they reached the beach, all the men on the beach help to pull in the net.

I saw a lot of fish in the net.  There was a variety of fish too. The fishermen were busy putting the fish into baskets as they sorted the fish according to their sizes.

Finally I saw the baskets putting on to a lorry which arrived at the beach. One of the fishermen told me that the fish will be taken to the market.  This is very enjoyable weekend . . . .  

No comments: